FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
April 22, 2020
served on Fit n' Light Buckwheat Crispbread
Avocados make just about anything better, from salads to veggie-packed salsas to smoothies. Smear avocados onto your fave crackers, mash 'em into guacamole, or top your morning tofu scramble with a couple slices—just make sure they're perfectly ripe.
Avocados are awesome! Here are our two fave benefits.
Avocado is high in healthy monounsaturated fats quite similar to olive oil. Those fats help to decrease the risk of cancer, heart disease and inflammation (pain and stiffness in joints).
Another truly amazing benefit of those fats is that they can help you to better absorb nutrients from other plant food (vitamin A, D, E, K and antioxidants). Actually antioxidants can be absorbed up to 400% better!
So if you want to supercharge your salad, add an avocado.This avo + chickpea salad is great because from just the one serving you get a great amount of protein and fiber, around 20g of each! Let's make it!!!
1. Cut the avocados in half — simply run a sharp knife around the avocado length-wise and twist the two halves. They should split revealing the stone. Remove the stone.
2. Scoop out the avocado flesh without damaging the shells as you need them for your filling. Make sure to leave a bit of avo meat on the sides of avo shell.
3. Sprinkle a little lemon juice over the inside of the shells to prevent them turning dark.
4. Throw drained and rinsed chickpea, diced up avocado and finely chopped celery into a bowl and add lemon juice. Mix all ingredients.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. When ready to serve, simply fill the shells with the mixture and dress with chopped chives or chopped thyme and chilli flakes for that extra kick.
7. Lunch is ready!
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 22, 2019
It’s important in the life of a snacker to have a collection of condiments and spreads so vast you’ll never get bored. Or this is what we tell ourselves when we go hunting in the pantry for our precious salted vanilla peanut cacao spread. Everybody’s favorite ingredients—vanilla, peanuts and cacao—mixed together into a spread and there is nothing not to love about this fact.
This brilliant spread has the smooth, spreadable texture of peanut butter, but a rich, chocolaty flavor that we have to admit—tastes like frosting. The jar beside our keyboard as we speak won’t last too long. Homemade! Delicious! It whispers. Vegan! 100% Pure! We almost forgot one: Gluten-free! There’s a lot going on here. But this is a chocolate spread, people, made with powdered sugar. If you want health food, sub with maple syrup.
December 15, 2019
Lentils in the morning, lentils in the evening, lentils at suppertime. We stan lentils over here at Smartbite Snacks. What’s not to love? They're cheap, relatively quick-cooking, packed with protein, and cute as hell. And, to top it all off, they're an essential component of one of our all-time favorite food categories: The Soup Group.
The soup weather is here to stay for a while and nothing makes us crave soup like a little bit of rain and little bit of freezing temperatures. Red lentils are your mush-town friends when you crave that fall-apart texture when you’re making that thick, full of chunks and flavor coconut-y + mushroom-y lentil and tomato curry. Oh, hell yeah. It’s starting to smell like soup.
September 16, 2019