FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
December 31, 2021
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style with this easy to make yet super delish hummus with the side of cheezy crackers. With all of the champagne and festive cocktails that will be consumed before (and after) midnight, this combo is a perf New Year’s Eve appy. Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because hummus dip happened.
We bet you'll love this appy combo. It's:
〰 creamy + crispy 〰 hearty + tender〰 customizable + flavourful〰 lemony + cheezy〰 wholesome + customizable〰 easy to make + so delicious
TIME NEEDED: 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Place your amaranth rice crackers on a cutting board. Using your desired shape of a cookie cutter, cut out your rice cake stars/hearts/you name it or you can also cut your rice cakes into smaller pieces.
3. Brush each side of the cracker with the EVOO. Cover your baking tray with a parchment paper and place your crackers on it.
4. Top each cracker with shredded cheeze and a pinch of paprika and pop in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheeze is melted.
5. Cut your Hokkaido pumpkin in half and remove all seeds. Brush both halves with a bit of olive oil and bake at 350° for around 35 minutes.
6. Put baked pumpkin into a high speed blender or a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and a bit of olive oil.
7. Blend all ingredients until you have a smooth paste. If your hummus turns out to be too thick, add more olive oil. Add salt to taste, pop some bubbly and let's celebrate.
We'd like to use this opportunity to wish you a wonderful start to your 2022. 🎉
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.