FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
This autumn salad is EVERYTHING + more. It's:
〰 super flavorful〰 fresh〰 savoury-sweet〰 crunchy〰 easy (+ quick!) to make〰 perfect for fall〰 so delicious
TIME NEEDED: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C). To prepare squash, use a sharp knife to carefully cut in half lengthwise (from root to tip), then remove seeds with a spoon or ice scream scooper. Slice squash halves into even wedges and leave the skin on.
2. Arrange squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer. Roast squash for ~15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
3. Put your cranberries in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare dressing by adding balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil. Then allow to simmer until it is reduced by half and looks thick (about 10-15 minutes). Watch carefully near the end as it can go from reduced to burnt quickly. You’ll know it’s done when, swirled, it coats the sides of the pan.
5. Now it's time to toast spelt crackers and pecans. Add both ingredients to a skillet, add a bit of olive olive and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned – about 3-5 minutes (being careful not to burn). Mix in a bit of fresh thyme.
6. Next, add sliced shallots to a small bowl with salt, pepper and toss to coat. Heat a medium (preferably cast-iron) skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and floured shallots and sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown and crispy – ~5 minutes.
7. To serve, arrange mâche on two platters and top with roasted squash, crispy shallots, toasted cracker mix, and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
April 27, 2022
April 16, 2022
March 25, 2022
Picture this: a chewy nougat and gooey caramel caramel bar studded with crunchy peanuts and enrobed in a lush chocolate coating. Is your mouth watering yet? If you love Snickers candy bars, I bet it is.
We are so excited to share this homemade Vegan Snickers Recipe with you today. Honestly, we think anyone will enjoy it – kids, adults, vegans, omnivores, whomever! They are addicting in the best way possible, made from healthy pantry-friendly ingredients, and relatively and easy to make, in terms of homemade candy.
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.