FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
August 01, 2020
All the avo + shroom devotees out there, this one's for you.
This special take on classic avo toast is excellent for an on-the-fly breakfast, midday snack or late-ish brunch, because the recipe is more “assembling” than “cooking.” It starts with a perfectly toasted Multigrain cracker and ends with a generous heap of bright green avo mash topped with tangy + crispy shrooms.
This recipe is everything an avo toast aspires to be:
〰 Light〰 Crunchy〰 Creamy 〰 Filling 〰 Flavourful 〰 Quick 〰 Easy
1. Place scallion and 1 TSP olive oil in skillet, season with kosher salt, and cook, turning occasionally, until softened and deeply charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; trim roots and discard. Finely chop scallions and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add chopped garlic and mashed avocado. Finely grate half of lemon zest into bowl, then cut lemon in half and squeeze in juice. Stir well to combine. Season with kosher salt and let sit while you make the shrooms.
3. Heat 2 TBSPs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Add garlic and scallion and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and fresh thyme leaves and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crispy, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt, lime juice and then transfer to a plate.
4. Heat 1/2 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium-high, add Smartbite crackers and toast them until browned on both sides.
5. Smear avo mash on toasted crackers. Top with zesty shrooms. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if desired.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 27, 2021
July 01, 2021
June 01, 2021
Love is a beautiful thing! 💖 And so is food! This year we are celebrating our beautiful LQBTQ+ communities, inclusion, equality, allyship and love in all its beautiful forms with this vibrant and colourful Vegan Chickpea No-Bake Cookie Dough that will warm not only your stomach but also your heart.
Also we'd like to take this opportunity to recognize that it was the Black LGBTQ+ folks and the black LGBTQ+ riots that got us where we are today. 🖤
Happy Pride Month everyone! 🌈🌈🌈