FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
August 01, 2020
All the avo + shroom devotees out there, this one's for you.
This special take on classic avo toast is excellent for an on-the-fly breakfast, midday snack or late-ish brunch, because the recipe is more “assembling” than “cooking.” It starts with a perfectly toasted Multigrain cracker and ends with a generous heap of bright green avo mash topped with tangy + crispy shrooms.
This recipe is everything an avo toast aspires to be:
〰 Light〰 Crunchy〰 Creamy 〰 Filling 〰 Flavourful 〰 Quick 〰 Easy
1. Place scallion and 1 TSP olive oil in skillet, season with kosher salt, and cook, turning occasionally, until softened and deeply charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; trim roots and discard. Finely chop scallions and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add chopped garlic and mashed avocado. Finely grate half of lemon zest into bowl, then cut lemon in half and squeeze in juice. Stir well to combine. Season with kosher salt and let sit while you make the shrooms.
3. Heat 2 TBSPs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Add garlic and scallion and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and fresh thyme leaves and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crispy, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt, lime juice and then transfer to a plate.
4. Heat 1/2 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium-high, add Smartbite crackers and toast them until browned on both sides.
5. Smear avo mash on toasted crackers. Top with zesty shrooms. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if desired.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.