FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
August 01, 2020
All the avo + shroom devotees out there, this one's for you.
This special take on classic avo toast is excellent for an on-the-fly breakfast, midday snack or late-ish brunch, because the recipe is more “assembling” than “cooking.” It starts with a perfectly toasted Multigrain cracker and ends with a generous heap of bright green avo mash topped with tangy + crispy shrooms.
This recipe is everything an avo toast aspires to be:
LightCrunchyCreamy Filling Flavourful Quick + Easy
1 large avocado (room temp + pit removed)1 scallion 1 garlic clove (chopped)juice from half a lemon salt to taste ZESTY SHROOMS
150 g small cremini mushrooms (halfed)2 garlic cloves (sliced)1 scallion (thinly sliced on a diagonal)juice from half a lime leaves from 1 thyme spring chilli flakes (optional)
+ 4 Multigrain crackers (toasted)
1. Place scallion and 1 TSP olive oil in skillet, season with kosher salt, and cook, turning occasionally, until softened and deeply charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; trim roots and discard. Finely chop scallions and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add chopped garlic and mashed avocado. Finely grate half of lemon zest into bowl, then cut lemon in half and squeeze in juice. Stir well to combine. Season with kosher salt and let sit while you make the shrooms.
3. Heat 2 TBSPs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Add garlic and scallion and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and fresh thyme leaves and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crispy, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt, lime juice and then transfer to a plate.
4. Heat 1/2 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium-high, add Smartbite crackers and toast them until browned on both sides.
5. Smear avo mash on toasted crackers. Top with zesty shrooms. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if desired.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 18, 2020
While everyone is obsessing over everything pumpkin-y, we are bringing back our fave summer berries. Raspberries. 😋
These bright, sweet + fresh beauties are the perfect addition to the typical October-themed cookie plate.
October 12, 2020
July 01, 2020
No-bake, no-stress. This light, creamy, fresh dessert is very simple, requiring only 8 ingredients and 15 minutes prep time (plus chilling).
This chia pudding is delicious on its own—and even better when layered with home made strawberry compote. The only hard part of making this Strawberry Maple Chia Pudding is waiting six hours for the chia seeds to thicken, chill, and soak up the maple-almond-coconut liquid.
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things delish. We'll pop up in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.