FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
August 01, 2020
All the avo + shroom devotees out there, this one's for you.
This special take on classic avo toast is excellent for an on-the-fly breakfast, midday snack or late-ish brunch, because the recipe is more “assembling” than “cooking.” It starts with a perfectly toasted Multigrain cracker and ends with a generous heap of bright green avo mash topped with tangy + crispy shrooms.
This recipe is everything an avo toast aspires to be:
〰 Light〰 Crunchy〰 Creamy 〰 Filling 〰 Flavourful 〰 Quick 〰 Easy
1. Place scallion and 1 TSP olive oil in skillet, season with kosher salt, and cook, turning occasionally, until softened and deeply charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; trim roots and discard. Finely chop scallions and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add chopped garlic and mashed avocado. Finely grate half of lemon zest into bowl, then cut lemon in half and squeeze in juice. Stir well to combine. Season with kosher salt and let sit while you make the shrooms.
3. Heat 2 TBSPs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Add garlic and scallion and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and fresh thyme leaves and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crispy, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt, lime juice and then transfer to a plate.
4. Heat 1/2 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium-high, add Smartbite crackers and toast them until browned on both sides.
5. Smear avo mash on toasted crackers. Top with zesty shrooms. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if desired.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
January 19, 2021
December 30, 2020
The festivities might be looking a little different this year (read: waaaay tamer), but that doesn’t mean the New Year's Eve appetizers have to be. After all the holiday shopping, long-distance Zooming, and bonbon and pumpkin pie making, we’re going to be skipping the laborious dinner spreads in favor of our must-try couch-friendly dip—with side of Amaranth Rice Cakes that bring in the perfect crunch.
Oh and did we mention that this combo pairs nicely with a couple glasses (or even the whole bottle for one; no judgment here) of bubbly?
December 20, 2020
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.