FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
May 05, 2020
If you've got a calendar and can count a little bit in Spanish, you know what's happening today: Cinco de Mayo! It's that annual celebration of all things Mexican that is celebrated mainly in the Estados Unidos but we love to participate in the holiday by enjoying the dishes from one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
This year, we are keeping it simple. Lately we’ve been all about that salad life. Salads are easy, light and there are so many options you can go for. Cinco de Mayo is the perfect occasion to expand out of your taco truck state of mind and try something other than a cheese quesadilla. We paired our salad with four pieces of Brown Rice + Quinoa cakes. They taste great as they are BUT if you crave your daily dose of avo, check out this yum guac recipe. Now let’s make your future fave salad!!!
1. Once you have opened and drained the tofu, it’s important to press it if you like that crispy texture. Wrap drained tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and set something heavy on top (our favorite is a cast iron skillet). Let it press for about 10-20 minutes.
2. Unwrap tofu and cut it into cubes or slices, whichever shape you prefer.
3. Heat a large oven-safe metal or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and tofu. Sauté for 5 minutes, shaking/flipping occasionally to cook on all sides, until tofu has a slight crust on each side and has begun to brown.
4. In a large bowl mix together cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves (or spring mix), corn, red beans, crushed nachos and Kalamata olives. Season with olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper.
5. Mix vegan sour cream with cayenne pepper and place a little dollop on top of a salad. Provechito!
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 27, 2021
July 01, 2021
June 01, 2021
Love is a beautiful thing! 💖 And so is food! This year we are celebrating our beautiful LQBTQ+ communities, inclusion, equality, allyship and love in all its beautiful forms with this vibrant and colourful Vegan Chickpea No-Bake Cookie Dough that will warm not only your stomach but also your heart.
Also we'd like to take this opportunity to recognize that it was the Black LGBTQ+ folks and the black LGBTQ+ riots that got us where we are today. 🖤
Happy Pride Month everyone! 🌈🌈🌈