FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
May 05, 2020
If you've got a calendar and can count a little bit in Spanish, you know what's happening today: Cinco de Mayo! It's that annual celebration of all things Mexican that is celebrated mainly in the Estados Unidos but we love to participate in the holiday by enjoying the dishes from one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
This year, we are keeping it simple. Lately we’ve been all about that salad life. Salads are easy, light and there are so many options you can go for. Cinco de Mayo is the perfect occasion to expand out of your taco truck state of mind and try something other than a cheese quesadilla. We paired our salad with four pieces of Brown Rice + Quinoa cakes. They taste great as they are BUT if you crave your daily dose of avo, check out this yum guac recipe. Now let’s make your future fave salad!!!
1. Once you have opened and drained the tofu, it’s important to press it if you like that crispy texture. Wrap drained tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and set something heavy on top (our favorite is a cast iron skillet). Let it press for about 10-20 minutes.
2. Unwrap tofu and cut it into cubes or slices, whichever shape you prefer.
3. Heat a large oven-safe metal or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and tofu. Sauté for 5 minutes, shaking/flipping occasionally to cook on all sides, until tofu has a slight crust on each side and has begun to brown.
4. In a large bowl mix together cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves (or spring mix), corn, red beans, crushed nachos and Kalamata olives. Season with olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper.
5. Mix vegan sour cream with cayenne pepper and place a little dollop on top of a salad. Provechito!
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
September 16, 2021
September 16 is National Guacamole Day. 🥑🍅😋 Who doesn’t love this rich and heavenly dip? The combination of buttery avocados, sweet tomatoes, and sharp onions, made even better with cilantro, cayenne, garlic, lime, and paprika. It’s pure bliss.
If you’re looking for some exciting ideas on how to creatively serve and devour this green concoction, you have come to the right place. Here are 15 creative, alternative ways to use guacamole.
August 19, 2021
You'll never look at regular ice cream sandwich the same after your try these!
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between 2 crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and sprinkles for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.