FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
May 05, 2020
If you've got a calendar and can count a little bit in Spanish, you know what's happening today: Cinco de Mayo! It's that annual celebration of all things Mexican that is celebrated mainly in the Estados Unidos but we love to participate in the holiday by enjoying the dishes from one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
This year, we are keeping it simple. Lately we’ve been all about that salad life. Salads are easy, light and there are so many options you can go for. Cinco de Mayo is the perfect occasion to expand out of your taco truck state of mind and try something other than a cheese quesadilla. We paired our salad with four pieces of Brown Rice + Quinoa cakes. They taste great as they are BUT if you crave your daily dose of avo, check out this yum guac recipe. Now let’s make your future fave salad!!!
1. Once you have opened and drained the tofu, it’s important to press it if you like that crispy texture. Wrap drained tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and set something heavy on top (our favorite is a cast iron skillet). Let it press for about 10-20 minutes.
2. Unwrap tofu and cut it into cubes or slices, whichever shape you prefer.
3. Heat a large oven-safe metal or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and tofu. Sauté for 5 minutes, shaking/flipping occasionally to cook on all sides, until tofu has a slight crust on each side and has begun to brown.
4. In a large bowl mix together cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves (or spring mix), corn, red beans, crushed nachos and Kalamata olives. Season with olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper.
5. Mix vegan sour cream with cayenne pepper and place a little dollop on top of a salad. Provechito!
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.