FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
April 16, 2022
Here’s a spring-perfect way to enjoy tofu—turn it into fritters. These fritters are highly customizable and you can add your fave herbs, spices and spring veggies. They make delicious snacks and appetizers and are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Mmm...
We hope you LOVE these fritters! They’re:〰 savoury 〰 crispy〰 comforting〰 satisfying〰 easy to make〰 perfect for spring season
watch the recipe video here 👀
OPTIONAL: Additional add-ons can include dill, scallions, parsley, cilantro and whatever herbs and spices you prefer. Bell peppers would be a great addition, too.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, pulse quinoa rice thins until you have a fine flour like consistency.
3. Put the block of well-drained tofu in a mixing bowl and mash it with a fork until you have tiny tofu pieces. The mixture will still look a little wet but everything will come together just fine. Just make sure you drained for at least a few hours.
4. To the tofu add the ingredients from quinoa rice flour to vegan cream cheese. Use the fork to toss the ingredients together. Again, it will look a little wet and this is fine. If you think it looks too wet sprinkle a bit more quinoa rice flour.
5. Using your hands, form two patties. Place them on a parchment paper covered tray and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
6. Serve on top of a spring salad with vegan tzatziki sauce (recipe here).
Silken tofu is much softer and wetter than firm tofu. For this, it’s very important to drain it well. I let mine sit on a colander in the fridge overnight but at least a few hours will do. The tofu will still seem too wet to use but it will come together. I like it because it’s easy to mash. Firm or extra-firm tofu should also work–it should also be drained well. If it doesn’t mash easily with a fork you can crumble in small pieces with your hands or pulse through a food processor. If you use firm tofu you can crumble the drained block in small pieces.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.