FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
November 30, 2019
Ah, Thanksgiving leftovers. What’s not to love!
It’s easy to figure out what to do with all the mashed potatoes and pie (eat it, duh) – but what about the extra can of cranberry sauce and all of those leftover herbs in your crisper drawer?Make use of both in this recipe for this decadent Herbed Cashew Cheese and Cranberry Crostini. The best part? You can use either canned cranberry sauce or homemade/fresh, and you can mix and match the herbs you have leftover (we love the combination of fresh rosemary and thyme).
2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing crostini aka rice cakes)
1 clove garlic
1/2 TSP white miso
1 TSP sea salt
pinch of fresh cracked pepper
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
1/2 TSP onion powder
1 TBSP finely minced fresh rosemary
1 TSP finely minced fresh thyme
1 pack of Smartbite Snacks rice cakes
Cranberry Sauce (about 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Place soaked/drained cashews in high-speed blender, along with lemon juice, water, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and miso. Blend until cashews are completely smooth. Stop blender frequently to scrape down the sides of the blender and incorporate mixture together. If necessary, use blender tamper to help mix everything together during blending.
2. Once smooth, transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, nutritional yeast, onion powder, minced rosemary and minced thyme, mixing thoroughly. Taste for seasoning and place in refrigerator for 1 hour (mixture will firm up during this time).
3. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Arrange rice cakes on baking sheet and lightly brush each piece with olive oil.
4. Bake for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Spread the herbed cashew cheese evenly.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 27, 2021
July 01, 2021
June 01, 2021
Love is a beautiful thing! 💖 And so is food! This year we are celebrating our beautiful LQBTQ+ communities, inclusion, equality, allyship and love in all its beautiful forms with this vibrant and colourful Vegan Chickpea No-Bake Cookie Dough that will warm not only your stomach but also your heart.
Also we'd like to take this opportunity to recognize that it was the Black LGBTQ+ folks and the black LGBTQ+ riots that got us where we are today. 🖤
Happy Pride Month everyone! 🌈🌈🌈