FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
November 30, 2019
Ah, Thanksgiving leftovers. What’s not to love!
It’s easy to figure out what to do with all the mashed potatoes and pie (eat it, duh) – but what about the extra can of cranberry sauce and all of those leftover herbs in your crisper drawer?Make use of both in this recipe for this decadent Herbed Cashew Cheese and Cranberry Crostini. The best part? You can use either canned cranberry sauce or homemade/fresh, and you can mix and match the herbs you have leftover (we love the combination of fresh rosemary and thyme).
2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing crostini aka rice cakes)
1 clove garlic
1/2 TSP white miso
1 TSP sea salt
pinch of fresh cracked pepper
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
1/2 TSP onion powder
1 TBSP finely minced fresh rosemary
1 TSP finely minced fresh thyme
1 pack of Smartbite Snacks rice cakes
Cranberry Sauce (about 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Place soaked/drained cashews in high-speed blender, along with lemon juice, water, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and miso. Blend until cashews are completely smooth. Stop blender frequently to scrape down the sides of the blender and incorporate mixture together. If necessary, use blender tamper to help mix everything together during blending.
2. Once smooth, transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, nutritional yeast, onion powder, minced rosemary and minced thyme, mixing thoroughly. Taste for seasoning and place in refrigerator for 1 hour (mixture will firm up during this time).
3. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Arrange rice cakes on baking sheet and lightly brush each piece with olive oil.
4. Bake for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Spread the herbed cashew cheese evenly.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
September 16, 2021
September 16 is National Guacamole Day. 🥑🍅😋 Who doesn’t love this rich and heavenly dip? The combination of buttery avocados, sweet tomatoes, and sharp onions, made even better with cilantro, cayenne, garlic, lime, and paprika. It’s pure bliss.
If you’re looking for some exciting ideas on how to creatively serve and devour this green concoction, you have come to the right place. Here are 15 creative, alternative ways to use guacamole.
August 19, 2021
You'll never look at regular ice cream sandwich the same after your try these!
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between 2 crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and sprinkles for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.