FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
November 30, 2019
Ah, Thanksgiving leftovers. What’s not to love!
It’s easy to figure out what to do with all the mashed potatoes and pie (eat it, duh) – but what about the extra can of cranberry sauce and all of those leftover herbs in your crisper drawer?Make use of both in this recipe for this decadent Herbed Cashew Cheese and Cranberry Crostini. The best part? You can use either canned cranberry sauce or homemade/fresh, and you can mix and match the herbs you have leftover (we love the combination of fresh rosemary and thyme).
2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing crostini aka rice cakes)
1 clove garlic
1/2 TSP white miso
1 TSP sea salt
pinch of fresh cracked pepper
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
1/2 TSP onion powder
1 TBSP finely minced fresh rosemary
1 TSP finely minced fresh thyme
1 pack of Smartbite Snacks rice cakes
Cranberry Sauce (about 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Place soaked/drained cashews in high-speed blender, along with lemon juice, water, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and miso. Blend until cashews are completely smooth. Stop blender frequently to scrape down the sides of the blender and incorporate mixture together. If necessary, use blender tamper to help mix everything together during blending.
2. Once smooth, transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, nutritional yeast, onion powder, minced rosemary and minced thyme, mixing thoroughly. Taste for seasoning and place in refrigerator for 1 hour (mixture will firm up during this time).
3. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Arrange rice cakes on baking sheet and lightly brush each piece with olive oil.
4. Bake for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Spread the herbed cashew cheese evenly.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.