FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
April 22, 2021
Happy Earth Day! 🌎🌱💚
Every year, we spend a substantial amount of time googling Earth Day recipes to get some healthy ideas. 👀 But most of the search results feature food tinted with green and blue food dye. So we thought it was time to celebrate this Earth Day with a sustainable recipe that doesn’t look like the earth (do we get extra points for green kiwis and blue blueberries?), but instead, benefits the earth.
For starters, this recipe is dairy-free and vegan. These two aspects alone can account for some major earth-friendly points. Dairy milk has a carbon footprint that is more than 20 times greater than almond milk, and there is an even bigger difference with coconut milk. And an abundance of data shows the positive environmental impact of making plant-based swaps. In 2020 WWF (World Wildlife Fund) published a report that concludes that a vegan diet can significantly reduce our environmental impact while lowering an individual’s carbon footprint (check out the report here or download it here).
This granola is perfect for not just today but every day because it's:
〰 crispy〰 perfectly sweet〰 fruity〰 cinnamon-y〰 reminiscent of an almond joy〰 simple〰 quick 〰 kind of perfect〰 recommended by mother nature
TIME NEEDED: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
2. Mix the oats, multigrain cakes and almonds together in a large bowl.
3. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil and maple syrup and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet (make sure not to crowd the granola) and bake for 20 minutes. Stir a bit near the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
5. The coconut oil helps this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully toward the end as it can burn quickly.
6. Once the granola is visibly browned (about 20 minutes for us), remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, add cinnamon and mix well.
7. Store in a container that has an air-tight seal and it should keep for 2-3 weeks.
8. Grab a bowl, scoop in your favourite vegan yoghurt and top with granola and fruit pieces. Enjoy! 😋
We have only one planet, so this Earth Day try one of many plant based, sustainable and delicious recipes available online. If you are not sure where to look, you can start right here on our recipe blog or check out our Pinterest.
We also highly recommend checking out the following vegan food blogs:
🌱 hot for food
🌱 Jessica in the Kitchen
🌱 lazy cat kitchen
🌱 sweet potato SOUL
🌱 one arab vegan
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.