FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
April 22, 2021
Happy Earth Day! 🌎🌱💚
Every year, we spend a substantial amount of time googling Earth Day recipes to get some healthy ideas. 👀 But most of the search results feature food tinted with green and blue food dye! So we thought it was time to celebrate this Earth Day with a sustainable recipe that doesn’t look like the earth (do we get extra points for green kiwis and blue blueberries though), but instead, benefit the earth.
For starters, this recipe is dairy-free and vegan. These two aspects alone can account for some major earth-friendly points. Dairy milk has a carbon footprint that is more than 20 times greater than almond milk, and there is an even bigger difference with coconut milk. And an abundance of data shows the positive environmental impact of making plant-based swaps.
This granola is perfect for not just today but every day because it's:
〰 crispy〰 perfectly sweet〰 fruity〰 cinnamon-y〰 reminiscent of an almond joy〰 simple〰 quick 〰 kind of perfect〰 recommended by mother nature
TIME NEEDED: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
2. Mix the oats, multigrain cakes and almonds together in a large bowl.
3. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil and maple syrup and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet (make sure not to crowd the granola) and bake for 20 minutes. Stir a bit near the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
5. The coconut oil helps this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully toward the end as it can burn quickly.
6. Once the granola is visibly browned (about 20 minutes for us), remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, add cinnamon and mix well.
7. Store in a container that has an air-tight seal and it should keep for 2-3 weeks.
8. Grab a bowl, scoop in your favourite vegan yoghurt and top with granola and fruit pieces. Enjoy! 😋
We have only one planet, so this Earth Day try one of many plant based, sustainable and delicious recipes available online. If you are not sure where to look, you can start right here on our recipe blog or check out our Pinterest.
We also highly recommend the following vegan food blogs:
🌱 hot for food
🌱 Jessica in the Kitchen
🌱 lazy cat kitchen
🌱 sweet potato SOUL
🌱 one arab vegan
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 27, 2021
July 01, 2021
June 01, 2021
Love is a beautiful thing! 💖 And so is food! This year we are celebrating our beautiful LQBTQ+ communities, inclusion, equality, allyship and love in all its beautiful forms with this vibrant and colourful Vegan Chickpea No-Bake Cookie Dough that will warm not only your stomach but also your heart.
Also we'd like to take this opportunity to recognize that it was the Black LGBTQ+ folks and the black LGBTQ+ riots that got us where we are today. 🖤
Happy Pride Month everyone! 🌈🌈🌈