FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
April 22, 2021
Happy Earth Day! 🌎🌱💚
Every year, we spend a substantial amount of time googling Earth Day recipes to get some healthy ideas. 👀 But most of the search results feature food tinted with green and blue food dye. So we thought it was time to celebrate this Earth Day with a sustainable recipe that doesn’t look like the earth (do we get extra points for green kiwis and blue blueberries?), but instead, benefits the earth.
For starters, this recipe is dairy-free and vegan. These two aspects alone can account for some major earth-friendly points. Dairy milk has a carbon footprint that is more than 20 times greater than almond milk, and there is an even bigger difference with coconut milk. And an abundance of data shows the positive environmental impact of making plant-based swaps.
This granola is perfect for not just today but every day because it's:
〰 crispy〰 perfectly sweet〰 fruity〰 cinnamon-y〰 reminiscent of an almond joy〰 simple〰 quick 〰 kind of perfect〰 recommended by mother nature
TIME NEEDED: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
2. Mix the oats, multigrain cakes and almonds together in a large bowl.
3. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil and maple syrup and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet (make sure not to crowd the granola) and bake for 20 minutes. Stir a bit near the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
5. The coconut oil helps this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully toward the end as it can burn quickly.
6. Once the granola is visibly browned (about 20 minutes for us), remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, add cinnamon and mix well.
7. Store in a container that has an air-tight seal and it should keep for 2-3 weeks.
8. Grab a bowl, scoop in your favourite vegan yoghurt and top with granola and fruit pieces. Enjoy! 😋
We have only one planet, so this Earth Day try one of many plant based, sustainable and delicious recipes available online. If you are not sure where to look, you can start right here on our recipe blog or check out our Pinterest.
We also highly recommend checking out the following vegan food blogs:
🌱 hot for food
🌱 Jessica in the Kitchen
🌱 lazy cat kitchen
🌱 sweet potato SOUL
🌱 one arab vegan
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
September 16, 2021
September 16 is National Guacamole Day. 🥑🍅😋 Who doesn’t love this rich and heavenly dip? The combination of buttery avocados, sweet tomatoes, and sharp onions, made even better with cilantro, cayenne, garlic, lime, and paprika. It’s pure bliss.
If you’re looking for some exciting ideas on how to creatively serve and devour this green concoction, you have come to the right place. Here are 15 creative, alternative ways to use guacamole.
August 19, 2021
You'll never look at regular ice cream sandwich the same after your try these!
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between 2 crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and sprinkles for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.