FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
December 20, 2020
We love a good bonbon! 🍬🍬🍬 The snap of that thin chocolate coating over a fruity center. Yes please!!! Oh and did we mention the perfectly crunchy caramel + nutty topping featuring Smartbite rice crispies? Drooling!!! What's great about the recipe we are about to share with you is that it's incredibly easy and you can customize it as much as you'd like. Also, it makes a great (last minute) Christmas present.
WHAT ARE BONBONS?Bonbons are confections with a thin chocolate shell and a filling. The sky is the limit when it comes to these fillings – caramel, oozy ganache, fruit purees and more.
These Christmas bonbons are:
〰 festive〰 chocolate-y〰 peanut butter-y〰 crunchy 〰 caramel-y〰 fruity〰 100% shareable 〰 perfect as a gift
TIME NEEDED: 25 minutes
1. First let's make caramel Krispies that we're going to use as bonbon topping. Use knife (or food processor) to chop multigrain cakes into small pieces. If you like nuts, chop them too and set them aside along with your Smartbite multigrain pieces.
2. Add sugar to a light-colored saucepan or skillet. Give the pan a shake to spread the sugar in an even layer. Place the pan over low to medium heat and wait for the sugar to caramelize (no stirring at this point!). The sugar will starts to melt and caramelize at the edges first. It may take a while before the sugar starts to melt, but don’t be tempted to crank the heat up to high, as the sugar can burn quite easily.
3. Once the sugar has started to caramelize around the edges, grab your heatproof rubber spatula and bring the caramel and melted sugar into the middle of the pan. Once the caramel is completely smooth and all the sugar has caramelized, mix in chopped multigrain cakes and nuts to form one caramelized piece. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
4. Melt dark chocolate in a pan over low to medium heat. Fill the bottom of your bonbon mold (or your paper cups) with melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 2 minutes to cool.
5. Put a bit of PB and jam on half of the cooled chocolate bottoms and top the rest with one fresh raspberry per each bonbon. Cover with the remainder of melted chocolate and sprinkle with a generous amount of chopped caramel Krispies. Put back in the fridge until ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
January 19, 2021
December 30, 2020
The festivities might be looking a little different this year (read: waaaay tamer), but that doesn’t mean the New Year's Eve appetizers have to be. After all the holiday shopping, long-distance Zooming, and bonbon and pumpkin pie making, we’re going to be skipping the laborious dinner spreads in favor of our must-try couch-friendly dip—with side of Amaranth Rice Cakes that bring in the perfect crunch.
Oh and did we mention that this combo pairs nicely with a couple glasses (or even the whole bottle for one; no judgment here) of bubbly?
November 02, 2020
Happy November aka National Peanut Butter Lovers Month — the perfect time to satisfy all of your peanut butter cravings. 😋
If you happily subsist on daily PB&J sandwiches and inhale jars of nut butter by the spoonful, you need this PB dip in your life. The magic lies in its ratio of peanut butter to yoghurt, which is absurdly high in favor of gooey peanut butter.
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.