FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
December 20, 2020
We love a good bonbon! 🍬🍬🍬 The snap of that thin chocolate coating over a fruity center. Yes please!!! Oh and did we mention the perfectly crunchy caramel + nutty topping featuring Smartbite rice crispies? Drooling!!! What's great about the recipe we are about to share with you is that it's incredibly easy and you can customize it as much as you'd like. Also, it makes a great (last minute) Christmas present.
WHAT ARE BONBONS?Bonbons are confections with a thin chocolate shell and a filling. The sky is the limit when it comes to these fillings – caramel, oozy ganache, fruit purees and more.
These Christmas bonbons are:
〰 festive〰 chocolate-y〰 peanut butter-y〰 crunchy 〰 caramel-y〰 fruity〰 100% shareable 〰 perfect as a gift
TIME NEEDED: 25 minutes
1. First let's make caramel Krispies that we're going to use as bonbon topping. Use knife (or food processor) to chop multigrain cakes into small pieces. If you like nuts, chop them too and set them aside along with your Smartbite multigrain pieces.
2. Add sugar to a light-colored saucepan or skillet. Give the pan a shake to spread the sugar in an even layer. Place the pan over low to medium heat and wait for the sugar to caramelize (no stirring at this point!). The sugar will starts to melt and caramelize at the edges first. It may take a while before the sugar starts to melt, but don’t be tempted to crank the heat up to high, as the sugar can burn quite easily.
3. Once the sugar has started to caramelize around the edges, grab your heatproof rubber spatula and bring the caramel and melted sugar into the middle of the pan. Once the caramel is completely smooth and all the sugar has caramelized, mix in chopped multigrain cakes and nuts to form one caramelized piece. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
4. Melt dark chocolate in a pan over low to medium heat. Fill the bottom of your bonbon mold (or your paper cups) with melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 2 minutes to cool.
5. Put a bit of PB and jam on half of the cooled chocolate bottoms and top the rest with one fresh raspberry per each bonbon. Cover with the remainder of melted chocolate and sprinkle with a generous amount of chopped caramel Krispies. Put back in the fridge until ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 01, 2021
March is Nutrition Month!
It's also goodbye winter, hello spring kinda month (who else is excited to welcome the first day of spring on March 20?) And what a better way to celebrate this occasion with a bowl of nutritious spring soup?
Soup is definitely having a moment in our household at the moment and we're not just here for it: We're right behind it, stoking the flames.
With big flavor, bright green colour and short ingredient lists, this soup du jour is impressive enough to serve to friends but casual enough to slurp loudly when no one's around. Gather your blankets, light a candle, and queue up your favorite TV show and turn on the stove. It's soup time!!!
February 13, 2021
January 19, 2021