FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
December 20, 2020
We love a good bonbon! 🍬🍬🍬 The snap of that thin chocolate coating over a fruity center. Yes please!!! Oh and did we mention the perfectly crunchy caramel + nutty topping featuring Smartbite rice crispies? Drooling!!! What's great about the recipe we are about to share with you is that it's incredibly easy and you can customize it as much as you'd like. Also, it makes a great (last minute) Christmas present.
WHAT ARE BONBONS?Bonbons are confections with a thin chocolate shell and a filling. The sky is the limit when it comes to these fillings – caramel, oozy ganache, fruit purees and more.
These Christmas bonbons are:
〰 festive〰 chocolate-y〰 peanut butter-y〰 crunchy 〰 caramel-y〰 fruity〰 100% shareable 〰 perfect as a gift
TIME NEEDED: 25 minutes
1. First let's make caramel Krispies that we're going to use as bonbon topping. Use knife (or food processor) to chop multigrain cakes into small pieces. If you like nuts, chop them too and set them aside along with your Smartbite multigrain pieces.
2. Add sugar to a light-colored saucepan or skillet. Give the pan a shake to spread the sugar in an even layer. Place the pan over low to medium heat and wait for the sugar to caramelize (no stirring at this point!). The sugar will starts to melt and caramelize at the edges first. It may take a while before the sugar starts to melt, but don’t be tempted to crank the heat up to high, as the sugar can burn quite easily.
3. Once the sugar has started to caramelize around the edges, grab your heatproof rubber spatula and bring the caramel and melted sugar into the middle of the pan. Once the caramel is completely smooth and all the sugar has caramelized, mix in chopped multigrain cakes and nuts to form one caramelized piece. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
4. Melt dark chocolate in a pan over low to medium heat. Fill the bottom of your bonbon mold (or your paper cups) with melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 2 minutes to cool.
5. Put a bit of PB and jam on half of the cooled chocolate bottoms and top the rest with one fresh raspberry per each bonbon. Cover with the remainder of melted chocolate and sprinkle with a generous amount of chopped caramel Krispies. Put back in the fridge until ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
September 16, 2021
September 16 is National Guacamole Day. 🥑🍅😋 Who doesn’t love this rich and heavenly dip? The combination of buttery avocados, sweet tomatoes, and sharp onions, made even better with cilantro, cayenne, garlic, lime, and paprika. It’s pure bliss.
If you’re looking for some exciting ideas on how to creatively serve and devour this green concoction, you have come to the right place. Here are 15 creative, alternative ways to use guacamole.
August 19, 2021
You'll never look at regular ice cream sandwich the same after your try these!
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between 2 crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and sprinkles for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.