FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
December 20, 2020
We love a good bonbon! 🍬🍬🍬 The snap of that thin chocolate coating over a fruity center. Yes please!!! Oh and did we mention the perfectly crunchy caramel + nutty topping featuring Smartbite rice crispies? Drooling!!! What's great about the recipe we are about to share with you is that it's incredibly easy and you can customize it as much as you'd like. Also, it makes a great (last minute) Christmas present.
WHAT ARE BONBONS?Bonbons are confections with a thin chocolate shell and a filling. The sky is the limit when it comes to these fillings – caramel, oozy ganache, fruit purees and more.
These Christmas bonbons are:
〰 festive〰 chocolate-y〰 peanut butter-y〰 crunchy 〰 caramel-y〰 fruity〰 100% shareable 〰 perfect as a gift
TIME NEEDED: 25 minutes
1. First let's make caramel Krispies that we're going to use as bonbon topping. Use knife (or food processor) to chop multigrain cakes into small pieces. If you like nuts, chop them too and set them aside along with your Smartbite multigrain pieces.
2. Add sugar to a light-colored saucepan or skillet. Give the pan a shake to spread the sugar in an even layer. Place the pan over low to medium heat and wait for the sugar to caramelize (no stirring at this point!). The sugar will starts to melt and caramelize at the edges first. It may take a while before the sugar starts to melt, but don’t be tempted to crank the heat up to high, as the sugar can burn quite easily.
3. Once the sugar has started to caramelize around the edges, grab your heatproof rubber spatula and bring the caramel and melted sugar into the middle of the pan. Once the caramel is completely smooth and all the sugar has caramelized, mix in chopped multigrain cakes and nuts to form one caramelized piece. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
4. Melt dark chocolate in a pan over low to medium heat. Fill the bottom of your bonbon mold (or your paper cups) with melted chocolate. Put in the fridge for 2 minutes to cool.
5. Put a bit of PB and jam on half of the cooled chocolate bottoms and top the rest with one fresh raspberry per each bonbon. Cover with the remainder of melted chocolate and sprinkle with a generous amount of chopped caramel Krispies. Put back in the fridge until ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
April 27, 2022
April 16, 2022
March 25, 2022
Picture this: a chewy nougat and gooey caramel caramel bar studded with crunchy peanuts and enrobed in a lush chocolate coating. Is your mouth watering yet? If you love Snickers candy bars, I bet it is.
We are so excited to share this homemade Vegan Snickers Recipe with you today. Honestly, we think anyone will enjoy it – kids, adults, vegans, omnivores, whomever! They are addicting in the best way possible, made from healthy pantry-friendly ingredients, and relatively and easy to make, in terms of homemade candy.
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.