FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
May 10, 2020
Today, we take a mom-ent to celebrate MOM! Happy Mother's Day to every great mom out there. If you are spending today with your main woman, making this Mother's Day parfait for either delish breakfast or to cap off the main meal with something light and fruity is a great way to stock up on fruits and whole grains for the day. It’s loaded with fiber and protein, and it’s sure to keep you and your mom full for quite some time.
Serves 6 | 1 parfait per serving
SMARTBITE GRANOLA INGREDIENTS
SMARTBITE GRANOLA INSTRUCTIONS
1. Toss together (most of) the dry ingredients: crumbled quinoa rice cakes, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt, that is.
2. Add the wet ingredients: whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Then drizzle it over the dry ingredients and give everything a good toss until it’s evenly mixed. Spread the mixture out evenly on a large parchment-covered baking sheet.
3. Bake: let the mixture bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and give the mixture a thorough stir.
4. Add coconut: Then sprinkle the coconut evenly on top of the granola. (We’re doing this so that it’s just lightly toasted and doesn’t overcook.) And pop the baking sheet back in the oven for another 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on the coconut so that it doesn’t burn. Then remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack.
5. Let the granola cool: Wait for about 20-30 minutes, or until the granola has completely cooled to room temperature. Then use a spoon (or your fingers) to break it up into your desired size of clumps.
6. (Optional) Add your mix-ins: Then at this point, if you plan to add any dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, or other add-ins, go ahead and stir them in. And finally… let's make parfait!
1. Cut your strawberries into halves. There should be about 3 cups total. Set aside.
2. Heat your pan over medium heat, add about 3 TBSPs vegan butter and 3 TSPs brown sugar and wait until the butter completely melts.
3. Add 6 quinoa rice cakes and cook until browned on both sides. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon on both sides and side aside to cool. Once cooled, used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts from the rice cakes.
4. Mix yogurt with vanilla bean (or vanilla extract). Set aside. 5. Layer 2 TBSPs granola and 1/4 cup yogurt into each of 6 cups. Top with 4 strawberry halves. 6. Repeat layers one more time, ending with a layer of yogurt. 7. Top with strawberries and one Smartbite heart.
PRO TIP: Layer parfait just before serving to keep granola crunchy.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 18, 2020
While everyone is obsessing over everything pumpkin-y, we are bringing back our fave summer berries. Raspberries. 😋
These bright, sweet + fresh beauties are the perfect addition to the typical October-themed cookie plate.
October 12, 2020
August 01, 2020
All the avo + shroom devotees out there, this one's for you.
This special take on classic avo toast is excellent for an on-the-fly breakfast, midday snack or late-ish brunch, because the recipe is more “assembling” than “cooking.” It starts with a perfectly toasted and ends with a heap of
This recipe is everything an avo toast recipe aspires to be:
LightCrunchyCreamy Filling Flavourful Quick + Easy
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things delish. We'll pop up in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.