FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
May 10, 2020
Today, we take a mom-ent to celebrate MOM! Happy Mother's Day to every great mom out there.
If you are spending today with your main woman, making this Mother's Day parfait for either delish breakfast or to cap off the main meal with something light and fruity is a great way to stock up on fruits and whole grains for the day. It’s loaded with fiber and protein, and it’s sure to keep you and your mom full for quite some time.
Serves 6 | 1 parfait per serving
SMARTBITE GRANOLA INGREDIENTS
SMARTBITE GRANOLA PREPARATION
1. Toss together (most of) the dry ingredients: crumbled quinoa rice cakes, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt, that is.
2. Add the wet ingredients: whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Then drizzle it over the dry ingredients and give everything a good toss until it’s evenly mixed. Spread the mixture out evenly on a large parchment-covered baking sheet.
3. Bake: let the mixture bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and give the mixture a thorough stir.
4. Add coconut: Then sprinkle the coconut evenly on top of the granola. (We’re doing this so that it’s just lightly toasted and doesn’t overcook.) And pop the baking sheet back in the oven for another 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on the coconut so that it doesn’t burn. Then remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack.
5. Let the granola cool: Wait for about 20-30 minutes, or until the granola has completely cooled to room temperature. Then use a spoon (or your fingers) to break it up into your desired size of clumps.
6. (Optional) Add your mix-ins: Then at this point, if you plan to add any dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, or other add-ins, go ahead and stir them in. And finally… let's make parfait!
1. Cut your strawberries into halves. There should be about 3 cups total. Set aside.
2. Heat your pan over medium heat, add about 3 TBSPs vegan butter and 3 TSPs brown sugar and wait until the butter completely melts.
3. Add 6 quinoa rice cakes and cook until browned on both sides. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon on both sides and side aside to cool. Once cooled, used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts from the rice cakes.
4. Mix yogurt with vanilla bean (or vanilla extract). Set aside. 5. Layer 2 TBSPs granola and 1/4 cup yogurt into each of 6 cups. Top with 4 strawberry halves. 6. Repeat layers one more time, ending with a layer of yogurt. 7. Top with strawberries and one Smartbite heart.
PRO TIP: Layer parfait just before serving to keep granola crunchy.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
September 16, 2021
September 16 is National Guacamole Day. 🥑🍅😋 Who doesn’t love this rich and heavenly dip? The combination of buttery avocados, sweet tomatoes, and sharp onions, made even better with cilantro, cayenne, garlic, lime, and paprika. It’s pure bliss.
If you’re looking for some exciting ideas on how to creatively serve and devour this green concoction, you have come to the right place. Here are 15 creative, alternative ways to use guacamole.
August 19, 2021
You'll never look at regular ice cream sandwich the same after your try these!
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between 2 crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and sprinkles for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.