FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
October 30, 2020
Whether you’re eight or 80-years-old, a proper Halloween mandates treats. But beyond all the sugar, so much of it is loaded with artificial ingredients. 🤨 Scary stuff. That's why we are making our own treats this Halloween.
In our world Halloween is all about dressing up, Netflix and (ch)kill, adult trick or treating (yes, it's a thing and no, it's not strange) eating lots of healthy-ish sweets, and — wait for it — pumpkin carving. 🎃🔪
Speaking of pumpkin, we firmly believe in eating seasonally. That's why our Halloween pudding treat incorporates "controversial" pumpkin. You either love the pumpkin, as you should, or you hate the pumpkin and you are wrong. BUT hey don't leave just yet. We got chocolate!!! Yes, that's right. CHOCOLATE. 🍫🍫🍫
TLDR: This pumpkin-y chocolate Halloween themed pudding is an autumn gift, a cure for the end-of-summer blues, a perfect Halloween pre-trick or treating energy booster and an ultimate Halloween movie marathon companion. Let's get cookin'. 😋
You, your kids, all ghosts hiding in your house and every trick or treater are going to love this pudding:
〰 Creamy〰 Thick〰 Chocolate-y〰 Pumpkin-y〰 Super easy + quick to make〰 Super delicious
TIME NEEDED: 15 minutes
1. Add starch, cacao and milk to a large saucepan and whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat until bubbly and thickened (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in chocolate, sugar and pumpkin pure. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sugar for sweetness, chocolate for chocolate flavour and pumpkin for more pumpkin-y flavour.
3. Pour pudding into two glasses and let cool on the countertop for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic or parchment wrap so that it touches the surface of the pudding (to prevent a film).
4. When ready to serve, cover the pudding with crushed chocolate cookies.
5. And now let's get creative. Grab your rice cake and cut it in half. Melt white chocolate and cover both rice cake halves in it. Set aside to cool. Melt a bit of dark chocolate and use a tooth pick to write RIP. Let cool and dip your masterpiece in your pudding. Enjoy and Happy Halloween! 👻
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 09, 2021
Pssst! It's Mother's Day. 💖💖💖 Homemade dessert is a nice way to add an extra-warm touch to a Mother’s Day meal (especially for moms who have a sweet tooth).
For chocolate lovers, our ultimate chocolate cake would be a winner; if you're surprising your mom with the breakfast in bed, then we recommend our decadent berry parfait and this year it's all about this ice cream with crunchy chocolate crackers. 🍓🍫😋
May 01, 2021
Happy Celiac Awareness Month as well as happy National Burger Month Smartbite crunchies. 🎉🎉🎉
Let's combine these two occasions and let's make the best + the easiest veggie burgers out there. 🍔😋👌
Veggie burgers are not easy to make awesome but we think this one nails it. We solved the “mush” factor by adding in pleasantly firm chickpea and seasoned it aggressively to combat any blandness. There’s no imitation protein or weird ingredients, just a rich, moist mixture of vegetables and nuts that work with any toppings you want to throw at it. Oh and it's vegan and it’s pretty damn good.
April 22, 2021
Happy Earth Day! 🌎🌱💚
Every year, we spend a substantial amount of time googling Earth Day recipes to get some healthy ideas. 👀 But most of the search results feature food tinted with green and blue food dye! So we thought it was time to celebrate this Earth Day with a sustainable recipe that doesn’t look like the earth (do we get extra points for green kiwis and blue blueberries though), but instead, benefit the earth.