FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
October 30, 2020
Whether you’re eight or 80-years-old, a proper Halloween mandates treats. But beyond all the sugar, so much of it is loaded with artificial ingredients. 🤨 Scary stuff. That's why we are making our own treats this Halloween.
In our world Halloween is all about dressing up, Netflix and (ch)kill, adult trick or treating (yes, it's a thing and no, it's not strange) eating lots of healthy-ish sweets, and — wait for it — pumpkin carving. 🎃🔪
Speaking of pumpkin, we firmly believe in eating seasonally. That's why our Halloween pudding treat incorporates "controversial" pumpkin. You either love the pumpkin, as you should, or you hate the pumpkin and you are wrong. BUT hey don't leave just yet. We got chocolate!!! Yes, that's right. CHOCOLATE. 🍫🍫🍫
TLDR: This pumpkin-y chocolate Halloween themed pudding is an autumn gift, a cure for the end-of-summer blues, a perfect Halloween pre-trick or treating energy booster and an ultimate Halloween movie marathon companion. Let's get cookin'. 😋
You, your kids, all ghosts hiding in your house and every trick or treater are going to love this pudding:
〰 Creamy〰 Thick〰 Chocolate-y〰 Pumpkin-y〰 Super easy + quick to make〰 Super delicious
TIME: 15 minutes
1. Add starch, cacao and milk to a large saucepan and whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat until bubbly and thickened (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in chocolate, sugar and pumpkin pure. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sugar for sweetness, chocolate for chocolate flavour and pumpkin for more pumpkin-y flavour.
3. Pour pudding into two glasses and let cool on the countertop for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic or parchment wrap so that it touches the surface of the pudding (to prevent a film).
4. When ready to serve, cover the pudding with crushed chocolate cookies.
5. And now let's get creative. Grab your rice cake and cut it in half. Melt white chocolate and cover both rice cake halves in it. Set aside to cool. Melt a bit of dark chocolate and use a tooth pick to write RIP. Let cool and dip your masterpiece in your pudding. Enjoy and Happy Halloween! 👻
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 02, 2020
Happy November aka National Peanut Butter Lovers Month — the perfect time to satisfy all of your peanut butter cravings. 😋
If you happily subsist on daily PB&J sandwiches and inhale jars of nut butter by the spoonful, you need this PB dip in your life. The magic lies in its ratio of peanut butter to yoghurt, which is absurdly high in favor of gooey peanut butter.
October 18, 2020
While everyone is obsessing over everything pumpkin-y, we are bringing back our fave summer berries. Raspberries. 😋
These bright, sweet + fresh beauties are the perfect addition to the typical October-themed cookie plate.
October 12, 2020
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.