FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
October 30, 2020
Whether you’re eight or 80-years-old, a proper Halloween mandates treats. But beyond all the sugar, so much of it is loaded with artificial ingredients. 🤨 Scary stuff. That's why we are making our own treats this Halloween.
In our world Halloween is all about dressing up, Netflix and (ch)kill, adult trick or treating (yes, it's a thing and no, it's not strange) eating lots of healthy-ish sweets, and — wait for it — pumpkin carving. 🎃🔪
Speaking of pumpkin, we firmly believe in eating seasonally. That's why our Halloween pudding treat incorporates "controversial" pumpkin. You either love the pumpkin, as you should, or you hate the pumpkin and you are wrong. BUT hey don't leave just yet. We got chocolate!!! Yes, that's right. CHOCOLATE. 🍫🍫🍫
TLDR: This pumpkin-y chocolate Halloween themed pudding is an autumn gift, a cure for the end-of-summer blues, a perfect Halloween pre-trick or treating energy booster and an ultimate Halloween movie marathon companion. Let's get cookin'. 😋
You, your kids, all ghosts hiding in your house and every trick or treater are going to love this pudding:
〰 Creamy〰 Thick〰 Chocolate-y〰 Pumpkin-y〰 Super easy + quick to make〰 Super delicious
TIME NEEDED: 15 minutes
1. Add starch, cacao and milk to a large saucepan and whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat until bubbly and thickened (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in chocolate, sugar and pumpkin pure. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sugar for sweetness, chocolate for chocolate flavour and pumpkin for more pumpkin-y flavour.
3. Pour pudding into two glasses and let cool on the countertop for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic or parchment wrap so that it touches the surface of the pudding (to prevent a film).
4. When ready to serve, cover the pudding with crushed chocolate cookies.
5. And now let's get creative. Grab your rice cake and cut it in half. Melt white chocolate and cover both rice cake halves in it. Set aside to cool. Melt a bit of dark chocolate and use a tooth pick to write RIP. Let cool and dip your masterpiece in your pudding. Enjoy and Happy Halloween! 👻
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 09, 2021
Now that summer's over, baked goods, soups, and warm casseroles basically take over our meal planning. But this healthy, delish salad is here to balance out all the pumpkin-flavoured goodness. It's stuffed with all the best fresh fall produce, from pumpkin to mâche to cranberries. Looking for autumnal leafy green inspiration? Look no more.
September 16, 2021
September 16 is National Guacamole Day. 🥑🍅😋 Who doesn’t love this rich and heavenly dip? The combination of buttery avocados, sweet tomatoes, and sharp onions, made even better with cilantro, cayenne, garlic, lime, and paprika. It’s pure bliss.
If you’re looking for some exciting ideas on how to creatively serve and devour this green concoction, you have come to the right place. Here are 15 creative, alternative ways to use guacamole.
August 19, 2021
You'll never look at regular ice cream sandwich the same after your try these!
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between 2 crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and sprinkles for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.