FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
October 18, 2020
While everyone is obsessing over everything pumpkin-y, we are bringing back our fave summer berries. Raspberries. 😋
These bright, sweet + fresh beauties are the perfect addition to the typical October-themed cookie plate.
You will love these raspberry tarts:
✨ The crust is fluffy and buttery.✨ The filling is tender and fruity.✨ The white chocolate hearts on top provides a delightful crunch.✨ And the optional fresh fruit topping will send you straight back to summer days, sans scorching heat.
Gah, life is good again, thanks to healthified raspberry tarts.
This recipe yields 2 raspberry tarts and takes only 30 minutes to make.
225 grams of your fave vegan cookies (we recommend either Glutenull Lemon Coconut Cookies or Enjoy Life Foods Vegan Gluten Free Vanilla Honey Crunchy Graham Cookies)
4 pieces of Quinoa Fibre Plus crispbreads
1/2 cup vegan butter (we recommend Earth Balance) or extra virgin coconut oil
2 cups raspberries (we recommend using fresh raspberries but you can also sub frozen ones)
1 TBSP chia seeds (optional)
150 grams vegan white chocolate (we love Zimt The White Stuff white chocolate bar)
4 pieces Rice Cakes + Amaranth
50 grams vegan white chocolate (we love Zimt The White Stuff white chocolate bar)
fresh fruit (we used raspberries, lemon and red currants)
1. Prepare crust by adding cookies and quinoa crispbreads to a food processor and pulsing for about 30 seconds to combine. You’re looking for a fine meal.
2. Next, add vegan butter or coconut oil and pulse again until a dough forms.
3. Transfer crust to the greased tart and use clean hands to evenly distribute.
4. Line a standard pie or tart pan, or several 4 3/4-inch tart pans with parchment paper. Divide crust between the pans and press using your hands to form a uniform crust. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use a glass to get it more even and firmly pressed into place. It doesn't have to be perfect. Set in freezer to chill.
5. Add the raspberries to the pot set over medium heat and cook until very bubbly. Then reduce heat to low and continue simmering to thicken. Turn off heat, add vegan white chocolate and chia seeds (optional). Use hand mixer to blend on high until very creamy and smooth scraping sides as needed.
6. Remove crust from freezer and top with raspberry filling. Chill to set – at least 2-4 hours.
7. Use small heart cookie cutters to cut out hearts from amaranth rice cakes. Melt vegan white chocolate in a saucepan and coat mini rice cake hearts in it. Set aside.
8. Top with fruit + white chocolate rice cake hearts just before serving.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 12, 2020
August 01, 2020
All the avo + shroom devotees out there, this one's for you.
This special take on classic avo toast is excellent for an on-the-fly breakfast, midday snack or late-ish brunch, because the recipe is more “assembling” than “cooking.” It starts with a perfectly toasted and ends with a heap of
This recipe is everything an avo toast recipe aspires to be:
LightCrunchyCreamy Filling Flavourful Quick + Easy
July 01, 2020
No-bake, no-stress. This light, creamy, fresh dessert is very simple, requiring only 8 ingredients and 15 minutes prep time (plus chilling).
This chia pudding is delicious on its own—and even better when layered with home made strawberry compote. The only hard part of making this Strawberry Maple Chia Pudding is waiting six hours for the chia seeds to thicken, chill, and soak up the maple-almond-coconut liquid.
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things delish. We'll pop up in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.