FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
October 18, 2020
While everyone is obsessing over everything pumpkin-y, we are bringing back our fave summer berries. Raspberries. 😋
These bright, sweet + fresh beauties are the perfect addition to the typical October-themed cookie plate.
You will love these raspberry tarts:
〰 The crust is fluffy and buttery.〰 The filling is tender and fruity.〰 The white chocolate hearts on top provides a delightful crunch.〰 And the optional fresh fruit topping will send you straight back to summer days, sans scorching heat.
Gah, life is good again, thanks to healthified raspberry tarts.
This recipe yields 2 raspberry tarts and takes only 30 minutes to make.
1. Prepare crust by adding cookies and quinoa crispbreads to a food processor and pulsing for about 30 seconds to combine. You’re looking for a fine meal.
2. Next, add vegan butter or coconut oil and pulse again until a dough forms.
3. Transfer crust to the greased tart and use clean hands to evenly distribute.
4. Line a standard pie or tart pan, or several 4 3/4-inch tart pans with parchment paper. Divide crust between the pans and press using your hands to form a uniform crust. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use a glass to get it more even and firmly pressed into place. It doesn't have to be perfect. Set in freezer to chill.
5. Add the raspberries to the pot set over medium heat and cook until very bubbly. Then reduce heat to low and continue simmering to thicken. Turn off heat, add vegan white chocolate and chia seeds (optional). Use hand mixer to blend on high until very creamy and smooth scraping sides as needed.
6. Remove crust from freezer and top with raspberry filling. Chill to set – at least 2 - 4 hours.
7. Use small heart cookie cutters to cut out hearts from amaranth rice cakes. Melt vegan white chocolate in a saucepan and coat mini rice cake hearts in it. Set aside.
8. Top with fruit + white chocolate rice cake hearts just before serving.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
January 19, 2021
December 30, 2020
The festivities might be looking a little different this year (read: waaaay tamer), but that doesn’t mean the New Year's Eve appetizers have to be. After all the holiday shopping, long-distance Zooming, and bonbon and pumpkin pie making, we’re going to be skipping the laborious dinner spreads in favor of our must-try couch-friendly dip—with side of Amaranth Rice Cakes that bring in the perfect crunch.
Oh and did we mention that this combo pairs nicely with a couple glasses (or even the whole bottle for one; no judgment here) of bubbly?
December 20, 2020
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.