FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
October 18, 2020
While everyone is obsessing over everything pumpkin-y, we are bringing back our fave summer berries. Raspberries. 😋
These bright, sweet + fresh beauties are the perfect addition to the typical October-themed cookie plate.
You will love these raspberry tarts:
〰 The crust is fluffy and buttery.〰 The filling is tender and fruity.〰 The white chocolate hearts on top provides a delightful crunch.〰 And the optional fresh fruit topping will send you straight back to summer days, sans scorching heat.
Gah, life is good again, thanks to healthified raspberry tarts.
This recipe yields 2 raspberry tarts and takes only 30 minutes to make.
1. Prepare crust by adding cookies and quinoa crispbreads to a food processor and pulsing for about 30 seconds to combine. You’re looking for a fine meal.
2. Next, add vegan butter or coconut oil and pulse again until a dough forms.
3. Transfer crust to the greased tart and use clean hands to evenly distribute.
4. Line a standard pie or tart pan, or several 4 3/4-inch tart pans with parchment paper. Divide crust between the pans and press using your hands to form a uniform crust. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use a glass to get it more even and firmly pressed into place. It doesn't have to be perfect. Set in freezer to chill.
5. Add the raspberries to the pot set over medium heat and cook until very bubbly. Then reduce heat to low and continue simmering to thicken. Turn off heat, add vegan white chocolate and chia seeds (optional). Use hand mixer to blend on high until very creamy and smooth scraping sides as needed.
6. Remove crust from freezer and top with raspberry filling. Chill to set – at least 2 - 4 hours.
7. Use small heart cookie cutters to cut out hearts from amaranth rice cakes. Melt vegan white chocolate in a saucepan and coat mini rice cake hearts in it. Set aside.
8. Top with fruit + white chocolate rice cake hearts just before serving.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 01, 2021
March is Nutrition Month!
It's also goodbye winter, hello spring kinda month (who else is excited to welcome the first day of spring on March 20?) And what a better way to celebrate this occasion with a bowl of nutritious spring soup?
Soup is definitely having a moment in our household at the moment and we're not just here for it: We're right behind it, stoking the flames.
With big flavor, bright green colour and short ingredient lists, this soup du jour is impressive enough to serve to friends but casual enough to slurp loudly when no one's around. Gather your blankets, light a candle, and queue up your favorite TV show and turn on the stove. It's soup time!!!
February 13, 2021
January 19, 2021