FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
August 19, 2021
The day we mastered the caramelized rice cakes, we knew we had to take it to the next level—with it being summertime and all—so we sandwiched some ice cream between two crispy rice crackers and dipped it in dark chocolate and crushed lyophilized strawberries for good measure. Best idea we’ve ever had.
Let’s talk about these ice cream sandwiches, that are hands down OUR favourite ice cream treats of the summer. These are SO GOOD.
Think about it this way, sweet and creamy vanilla nice cream paired with refreshing strawberry ice cream, sandwiched between crunchy + sweet rice cakes, all frozen together, and then dipped in a light coating of chocolate shell and sprinkled with lyophilized strawberries. YUM!
TIME NEEDED: 45 minutes
Friends, we are i̶cecream-ing from excitement about how these turned out! They’re:
〰 creamy〰 sweet〰 refreshing 〰 crunchy〰 super satisfying〰 kind of perfect
*if you'd like to whip up your own ice cream, you are also going to need your favourite vegan vanilla yoghurt and strawberry pure 🍨🥤🍓
1. If you are in the crafty mood, you can make your own vegan ice cream. Just mix together 400 ml of your fave vegan vanilla yoghurt with 100 ml strawberry pure and a scoop of vanilla plant protein and freeze. Otherwise use vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream.
2. Use a circle "biscuit" cookie cutter to cut out circles our of your Smartbite rice cakes.
3. Melt your butter on the stovetop by heating it on low. When it's melted, add vanilla sugar and toast your rice cake circles on both sides until sugary and crispy. Set aside to cool.
4. Let ice cream thaw a bit so you can mold it easily.
5. Scoop ice cream on one sugar-y rice cake and top with another rice cake. Press down to flatten and then use a spoon, knife or clean finger to smooth the sides and make them more uniform.
6. Pop back in the freezer to set momentarily. Will keep in the freezer in freezer bag or container for up to a couple weeks, though best within the first several days.
7. To eat, let them set out for 5 minutes to soften. In the meantime melt dark chocolate and dip one side of your nice cream sandwich in melted chocolate and then your fave toppings.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.