FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
December 30, 2020
The festivities might be looking a little different this year (read: waaaay tamer), but that doesn’t mean the New Year's Eve appetizers have to be. After all the holiday shopping, long-distance Zooming, and bonbon and pumpkin pie making, we’re going to be skipping the laborious dinner spreads in favor of our must-try couch-friendly dip—with side of Amaranth Rice Cakes that bring in the perfect crunch.
Oh and did we mention that this combo pairs nicely with PJs (because we all know that's going to be a popular choice of attire after 9 p.m., especially in this house) and a couple glasses (or even the whole bottle for one; no judgment here) of bubbly?
So pour yourself a glass of whatever you fancy and let's do this: 〰 Creamy〰 Fluffy 〰 BIG on flavour 〰 Hearty〰 Healthy 〰 SO satisfying+ SUPER delicious dip
TIME NEEDED: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place carrots on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulb, leaving intact the skins of the individual cloves of garlic. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/4 to a 1/2 inch from the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
4. Place the garlic head on the baking sheet with carrots, cut side up. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over exposed head, using your fingers to rub the olive oil over all the cut, exposed garlic cloves.
5. Roast vegetables for 20 minutes. Add the walnuts to the baking sheet with the vegetables in an even layer and roast another 10 minutes until the veggies are tender and edges are browned and the walnuts have turned a shade darker. Cool and remove roasted garlic cloves from their skins. Allow the roasted veggies to cool enough so you can touch them without burning yourself.
6. In a food processor (or a high speed blender), place the roasted vegetables, walnuts and all remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Add 3 TBSPs olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. If you are after a smoother consistency, add a tablespoon or two of filtered water, if desired.
7. And now comes the fun part. Think about what you want your 2021 to look like. And once you nail that down, pick a cookie cutter in the shape of whatever it is that you wish for. We went for a star shaped cookie cutter (or rather a rice cake cutter) because we want to finally embark on our music career and become a pop star.
〰 For a nut free option, use hulled pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts
〰 This dip is also delicious as a sandwich spread or add a dollop to a Buddha bowl!
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.