FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
May 09, 2021
Pssst! It's Mother's Day. 💖💖💖 Homemade dessert is a nice way to add an extra-warm touch to a Mother’s Day meal (especially for moms who have a sweet tooth).
For chocolate lovers, our ultimate chocolate cake would be a winner; if you're surprising your mom with the breakfast in bed, then we recommend our decadent berry parfait and this year it's all about this ice cream with crunchy chocolate crackers. 🍓🍫😋
Your mom is going to LOVE this ice cream! It’s:〰 creamy〰 fluffy〰 sweet〰 fruity〰 refreshing〰 delicious
TIME NEEDED: 20 minutes + freezing
Ice Cream Base
Smartbite Choco Crackers
Not into strawberries? No problem! 🙃🙂🙃
If you’ve ever been to an ice cream shop where you get to choose your toppings, you know there are so many different options! 🍧🍨🍦 The same applies here.
Some of our favorite topping ideas include:
1. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt the vegan butter, add Smartbite cracker pieces and toast well on both sides.
2. Place chopped chocolate in a glass bowl. Bring about two inches of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest).
3. Add toasted rice cakes to the melted chocolate and mix well. Then add to a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.
4. Add frozen bananas and strawberries to a high speed blender or a food processor. Blend until completely smooth, fluffy and blended. You’ll need to stop occasionally to stir and scrape the sides.
5. At this point you have soft-serve texture banana ice cream. To get more of a scoopable ice cream texture, simply spread into a Tupperware or parchment-lined loaf pan and freeze for 2-3 hours. Then scoop with an ice cream scoop! If too firm, let thaw 15-30 minutes to soften.
6. Best when fresh. Frozen banana ice cream should keep for up to 1 month if well covered, though we find it’s best when used within the first week.
7. When ready to serve, scoop your nice cream with an ice cream scoop and top with chocolate crackers. Serve with a big smile on your face right after you give your mom the biggest hug.
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.