FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
February 13, 2021
Valentine's Day is tomorrow and all we want are these veganized and valentine-ized Bounty bars (this coconuty, chocolaty raspberry dessert is WAAAY better than anything from a box or a wrapper). Some see the V-Day as a love fest but we're looking at it for what it really is: a snack holiday and a chance to treat yourself and those you love. 💕💕💕
IF YOU'RE SINGLE
Throw a really awesome virtual or socially distant dinner party with your single besties. Make sure there's plenty of treats like:
this delish chocolate popcorn ready in 10 minutes flourless chocolate cake beet + walnut dip
Or if you want some quality me-time, make these 🥥 🍫 treats for yourself. Because you, our friend, you deserve only the best to match your best self. 🥰
IF YOU'RE COURTING
If it's a first date (props for being bold for having the first date on Valentine's day), may we suggest these chocolate truffles for dessert or a plate packed with fresh seasonal fruit, crunchy rice cakes and our fave PB dip. Maybe you know him, her or them well enough to know his/her/their snacking game.
IF YOU'RE TAKEN
You're well aware of what kind of couple you and your boo are, so here are some killer quick and easy snack noms you can whip up. Obviously, it's gotta begin with something savoury and end with something chocolate (go have a 👀 below for the recipe).
You, your friends, your date or your significant other are going to love these coconut raspberry chocolate bars. They are:
〰 rich〰 creamy〰 chocolate-y〰 coconut-y〰 fruit-y〰 perfectly sweet〰 simple〰 indulgent
TIME NEEDED: 2 hours
1. Fist melt vanilla sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cut amaranth rice cakes in half and toast both rice cake sides with sugar until it is caramelized. Put aside to chill.
2. In a high speed blender or food processor, add desiccated coconut, coconut cream, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and fresh rasperies. Process together until it’s all well mixed. The mixture should stick together when you roll it into a ball.
PRO TIP: If you love the taste of raspberries, cut some fresh ones in half and mix then gently into the coconut raspberry cream you just made.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll/form the mixture into bars that you put on chilled caramel rice cakes.
4. Line a pan with parchment paper and all rice cake + cream pieces into the fridge for an hour to set.
5. You can melt your chocolate either in a pan or in a microwave (in 30 second intervals) in a microwave safe bowl until it's completely smooth. You can add a TSP of coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
6. Working quickly, dip each bar into the chocolate, and flip it over so that it’s completely covered in chocolate on both sides and then quickly return it to the parchment lined baking tray. Repeat for all bars bars. Sprinkle with chopped freeze dried raspberries and put to the freezer to set properly for 15 minutes.
7. Keep any leftovers in the fridge and serve them cold directly from the fridge.
MAKE YOUR OWN VANILLA SUGAR
1. Put 2 cups of sugar into a glass or plastic air-tight jar.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean carefully so that the seeds are facing up.
3. Use the back of your knife to scoop out the tiny black vanilla beans (this is where the magic happens!).
4. Place all of the vanilla bean seeds and the open vanilla bean into the jar with the sugar.
5. Shake your sugar and the vanilla beans until everything is evenly dispersed throughout the jar. This will allow for the best infusion of odors and flavors from the beans.
6. Store for anywhere between a week and a month before using. Nothing bad will happen if you use it earlier, of course, it will just have less time to infuse the vanilla into the sugar, so you will not get quite as heavy of a vanilla flavor in your dishes. (Don’t forget to sift out the vanilla beans prior to use!)
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 26, 2022
October 23, 2022
Eating a balanced breakfast is an important way to get your day off to a good start. Which is why we believe in planning ahead when it comes to our brekkie.
But… we're not perfect. Sometimes we have every intention to prep chia pudding in the evening but end up being too tired to actually go through with this plan. Or we forget. Oops. 😬
While we're big advocates for meal prep breakfasts, we also believe you need quick and easy breakfasts that you can make in minutes in the morning.
That’s where this Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with a side of crunchy rice cakes come in. You can prep this delish meal in just minutes, using whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. These brekkie combo has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber when you add fruits, nuts and/or chia seeds.
September 10, 2022
Remember breaking cheese sticks in half and seeing that beautiful stretch of cheese? It’s what dreams were made of!
Now you can enjoy the vegan version of this dream! These sticks are perfect for a party or game day snack. They’re soft and melty on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside and so dang good paired with marinara sauce. Are you ready for this?
We don't put junk in our snacks and we don't send it either.
Be the first to get insider access to all things healthy + delish. We'll pop in in your inbox only a few times a month when there's something yummy to share.