FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
February 13, 2021
Valentine's Day is tomorrow and all we want are these veganized and valentine-ized Bounty bars (this coconuty, chocolaty raspberry dessert is WAAAY better than anything from a box or a wrapper). Some see the V-Day as a love fest but we're looking at it for what it really is: a snack holiday and a chance to treat yourself and those you love. 💕💕💕
IF YOU'RE SINGLE
Throw a really awesome virtual or socially distant dinner party with your single besties. Make sure there's plenty of treats like:
this delish chocolate popcorn ready in 10 minutes flourless chocolate cake beet + walnut dip
Or if you want some quality me-time, make these 🥥 🍫 treats for yourself. Because you, our friend, you deserve only the best to match your best self. 🥰
IF YOU'RE COURTING
If it's a first date (props for being bold for having the first date on Valentine's day), may we suggest these chocolate truffles for dessert or a plate packed with fresh seasonal fruit, crunchy rice cakes and our fave PB dip. Maybe you know him, her or them well enough to know his/her/their snacking game.
IF YOU'RE TAKEN
You're well aware of what kind of couple you and your boo are, so here are some killer quick and easy snack noms you can whip up. Obviously, it's gotta begin with something savoury and end with something chocolate (go have a 👀 below for the recipe).
You, your friends, your date or your significant other are going to love these coconut raspberry chocolate bars. They are:
〰 rich〰 creamy〰 chocolate-y〰 coconut-y〰 fruit-y〰 perfectly sweet〰 simple〰 indulgent
TIME NEEDED: 2 hours
1. Fist melt vanilla sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cut amaranth rice cakes in half and toast both rice cake sides with sugar until it is caramelized. Put aside to chill.
2. In a high speed blender or food processor, add desiccated coconut, coconut cream, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and fresh rasperies. Process together until it’s all well mixed. The mixture should stick together when you roll it into a ball.
PRO TIP: If you love the taste of raspberries, cut some fresh ones in half and mix then gently into the coconut raspberry cream you just made.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll/form the mixture into bars that you put on chilled caramel rice cakes.
4. Line a pan with parchment paper and all rice cake + cream pieces into the fridge for an hour to set.
5. You can melt your chocolate either in a pan or in a microwave (in 30 second intervals) in a microwave safe bowl until it's completely smooth. You can add a TSP of coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
6. Working quickly, dip each bar into the chocolate, and flip it over so that it’s completely covered in chocolate on both sides and then quickly return it to the parchment lined baking tray. Repeat for all bars bars. Sprinkle with chopped freeze dried raspberries and put to the freezer to set properly for 15 minutes.
7. Keep any leftovers in the fridge and serve them cold directly from the fridge.
MAKE YOUR OWN VANILLA SUGAR
1. Put 2 cups of sugar into a glass or plastic air-tight jar.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean carefully so that the seeds are facing up.
3. Use the back of your knife to scoop out the tiny black vanilla beans (this is where the magic happens!).
4. Place all of the vanilla bean seeds and the open vanilla bean into the jar with the sugar.
5. Shake your sugar and the vanilla beans until everything is evenly dispersed throughout the jar. This will allow for the best infusion of odors and flavors from the beans.
6. Store for anywhere between a week and a month before using. Nothing bad will happen if you use it earlier, of course, it will just have less time to infuse the vanilla into the sugar, so you will not get quite as heavy of a vanilla flavor in your dishes. (Don’t forget to sift out the vanilla beans prior to use!)
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 01, 2021
Love is a beautiful thing! 💖 And so is food! This year we are celebrating our beautiful LQBTQ+ communities, inclusion, equality, allyship and love in all its beautiful forms with this vibrant and colourful Vegan Chickpea No-Bake Cookie Dough that will warm not only your stomach but also your heart.
Also we'd like to take this opportunity to recognize that it was the Black LGBTQ+ folks and the black LGBTQ+ riots that got us where we are today. 🖤
Happy Pride Month everyone! 🌈🌈🌈
May 09, 2021
Pssst! It's Mother's Day. 💖💖💖 Homemade dessert is a nice way to add an extra-warm touch to a Mother’s Day meal (especially for moms who have a sweet tooth).
For chocolate lovers, our ultimate chocolate cake would be a winner; if you're surprising your mom with the breakfast in bed, then we recommend our decadent berry parfait and this year it's all about this ice cream with crunchy chocolate crackers. 🍓🍫😋
May 01, 2021
Happy Celiac Awareness Month as well as happy National Burger Month Smartbite crunchies. 🎉🎉🎉
Let's combine these two occasions and let's make the best + the easiest veggie burgers out there. 🍔😋👌
Veggie burgers are not easy to make awesome but we think this one nails it. We solved the “mush” factor by adding in pleasantly firm chickpea and seasoned it aggressively to combat any blandness. There’s no imitation protein or weird ingredients, just a rich, moist mixture of vegetables and nuts that work with any toppings you want to throw at it. Oh and it's vegan and it’s pretty damn good.