FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $45
February 13, 2021
Valentine's Day is tomorrow and all we want are these veganized and valentine-ized Bounty bars (this coconuty, chocolaty raspberry dessert is WAAAY better than anything from a box or a wrapper). Some see the V-Day as a love fest but we're looking at it for what it really is: a snack holiday and a chance to treat yourself and those you love. 💕💕💕
IF YOU'RE SINGLE
Throw a really awesome virtual or socially distant dinner party with your single besties. Make sure there's plenty of treats like:
this delish chocolate popcorn ready in 10 minutes flourless chocolate cake beet + walnut dip
Or if you want some quality me-time, make these 🥥 🍫 treats for yourself. Because you, our friend, you deserve only the best to match your best self. 🥰
IF YOU'RE COURTING
If it's a first date (props for being bold for having the first date on Valentine's day), may we suggest these chocolate truffles for dessert or a plate packed with fresh seasonal fruit, crunchy rice cakes and our fave PB dip. Maybe you know him, her or them well enough to know his/her/their snacking game.
IF YOU'RE TAKEN
You're well aware of what kind of couple you and your boo are, so here are some killer quick and easy snack noms you can whip up. Obviously, it's gotta begin with something savoury and end with something chocolate (go have a 👀 below for the recipe).
You, your friends, your date or your significant other are going to love these coconut raspberry chocolate bars. They are:
〰 rich〰 creamy〰 chocolate-y〰 coconut-y〰 fruit-y〰 perfectly sweet〰 simple〰 indulgent
TIME NEEDED: 2 hours
1. Fist melt vanilla sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cut amaranth rice cakes in half and toast both rice cake sides with sugar until it is caramelized. Put aside to chill.
2. In a high speed blender or food processor, add desiccated coconut, coconut cream, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and fresh rasperies. Process together until it’s all well mixed. The mixture should stick together when you roll it into a ball.
PRO TIP: If you love the taste of raspberries, cut some fresh ones in half and mix then gently into the coconut raspberry cream you just made.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll/form the mixture into bars that you put on chilled caramel rice cakes.
4. Line a pan with parchment paper and all rice cake + cream pieces into the fridge for an hour to set.
5. You can melt your chocolate either in a pan or in a microwave (in 30 second intervals) in a microwave safe bowl until it's completely smooth. You can add a TSP of coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
6. Working quickly, dip each bar into the chocolate, and flip it over so that it’s completely covered in chocolate on both sides and then quickly return it to the parchment lined baking tray. Repeat for all bars bars. Sprinkle with chopped freeze dried raspberries and put to the freezer to set properly for 15 minutes.
7. Keep any leftovers in the fridge and serve them cold directly from the fridge.
MAKE YOUR OWN VANILLA SUGAR
1. Put 2 cups of sugar into a glass or plastic air-tight jar.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean carefully so that the seeds are facing up.
3. Use the back of your knife to scoop out the tiny black vanilla beans (this is where the magic happens!).
4. Place all of the vanilla bean seeds and the open vanilla bean into the jar with the sugar.
5. Shake your sugar and the vanilla beans until everything is evenly dispersed throughout the jar. This will allow for the best infusion of odors and flavors from the beans.
6. Store for anywhere between a week and a month before using. Nothing bad will happen if you use it earlier, of course, it will just have less time to infuse the vanilla into the sugar, so you will not get quite as heavy of a vanilla flavor in your dishes. (Don’t forget to sift out the vanilla beans prior to use!)
Did you make this recipe? We get crazy excited when you make our recipes and we always love to see how they turn out. 😍😍😍Tag @smartbitesnacks on Instagram and hashtag it #SmartbiteSnacks
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 01, 2021
March is Nutrition Month!
It's also goodbye winter, hello spring kinda month (who else is excited to welcome the first day of spring on March 20?) And what a better way to celebrate this occasion with a bowl of nutritious spring soup?
Soup is definitely having a moment in our household at the moment and we're not just here for it: We're right behind it, stoking the flames.
With big flavor, bright green colour and short ingredient lists, this soup du jour is impressive enough to serve to friends but casual enough to slurp loudly when no one's around. Gather your blankets, light a candle, and queue up your favorite TV show and turn on the stove. It's soup time!!!
January 19, 2021
December 30, 2020
The festivities might be looking a little different this year (read: waaaay tamer), but that doesn’t mean the New Year's Eve appetizers have to be. After all the holiday shopping, long-distance Zooming, and bonbon and pumpkin pie making, we’re going to be skipping the laborious dinner spreads in favor of our must-try couch-friendly dip—with side of Amaranth Rice Cakes that bring in the perfect crunch.
Oh and did we mention that this combo pairs nicely with a couple glasses (or even the whole bottle for one; no judgment here) of bubbly?